Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Smackdown moving after all, NXT and main roster live event notes, former Women's Champ hospitalized, Interviews with Cena/JR, HoFer out of the hospital, TTTT update, and Questions on BFG, Ambrose, JR, and Punk

A press release for a show on Syfy mentions it will debut 9 p.m. on a Friday, during the current timeslot for Smackdown. So, either this is a typo or Smackdown will be moving nights. Thursday nights would be fine by me if they shift around NXT and Superstars (maybe to Fridays?).

Update: Smackdown will be moving nights in January 2015, once NFL games are no longer a competitor. I hope that means the brand will get more appreciation from those booking it.

Here's a report from a recent NXT live event. I'm glad everyone there's getting practice. I wonder why we haven't seen Balor or Steen yet at live events.

The former Madusa/Alundra Blayze was hospitalized after a monster truck incident in Australia. I hope she recovers well and one day enters the WWE Hall of Fame.

Everything else from Friday is after the break.
John Cena talked about Stone Cold potentially returning to the ring. I don't see it happening.

Jim Ross did a Q&A. I hope he does great things with the rest of his career.

Billy Graham has been released from The Mayo Clinic after dealing with complications from previous medical issues. He's had quite the sad state of health these past few years.

WWE will tape Tribute to the Troops December 9, ahead of Smackdown. They will visit a nearby base for some footage. I believe this is the first time the event isn't a separate taping.

Adrian Neville beat Sami Zayn for the NXT Championship at a WWE live event in Malaysia this weekend. This show also featured a potential injury for Sheamus. I'm glad Neville and Zayn are getting more experience, and hope Sheamus is OK.

For my take on Friday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. That's the downside of taping overseas. It's an interesting gamble, but maybe it's the best move for TNA right now. I wonder where they'll do their next big PPV (if there is one).

2. I definitely think Ambrose can break out and be a big deal. There has to be the right support from fans and WWE, though.

3. We'll see! I think a lot of people want that to happen, but it's not up to JR.

Nothing to add to 4.

5. By emphasizing the people they want to push as Cena's greatest rivals. It's more or less "WWE's official opinion of Cena's greatest rivals: the DVD". They're not in any mood to give Punk favors after he walked out.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment