Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Mysterio note, two names added to TNA roster, Interviews with Matt Hardy/Willie Mack/Maria/Y2J/Cesaro/Ambrose/Morrison, Dudleys-WWE tease, and Questions on Darren Young, Orton turning face, Raw vs. Smackdown, the Wyatts, and Summerslam

There has been talk in Mexico of Rey Mysterio having left WWE and returning to AAA. Mysterio and WWE have been having conflicts about the status of his contract. More on this in the days to come. At this point, it's pretty obvious Rey wants out of his deal. I think WWE just wants to continue making money from Rey merchandise, etc. while they still have the rights to his likeness. I'm curious as to what Rey can really do legally to get out of it and work elsewhere.

TNA has added Shark Boy and Tyrus to their website roster. I'm a little surprised to see Shark Boy added, since he's really just kind of brought in here and there for enhancement roles. It will be interesting to see what the roster looks like by the time of the UK tapings.

Matt Hardy talked about his current status with TNA and more. I think TNA has been putting out a lot of good content lately, but it could be too late as a lot of fans have written them off and assume they're going out of business.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Willie Mack had a two-part interview before going to WWE. Hopefully he ends up in TNA or GFW or somewhere else where we can still see him on a big stage.

Former Diva Maria was interviewed on the WWE website. I think it's great WWE is helping talents whose in-ring careers didn't work out. The last thing they need is more "former WWE wrestler does something bad" stories. Also, I wonder if we'll ever see Mike Bennett in NXT?

There's a Twitter exchange between Bully Ray and Joey Styles that has some speculating we're in for the Dudley Boys returning to WWE. I'd say NJPW might be more likely, but we'll see. I think I'd be OK with a Dudleys nostalgia run in WWE, but I'm more interested in seeing some new acts shine.

Chris Jericho talked to Rolling Stone and Bill Apter about his new book and more. As amazing as he is and as great as it is for him to keep coming back, WWE can't keep relying on the part-timers forever.

Cesaro talked about working with Paul Heyman and more. I hope his comments don't get him heat backstage, because he's one hell of a talented guy. I still want him to turn the U.S. or IC Title into the European Title one day as a heel. It writes itself, really.

Dean Ambrose talked at the recent Ringside Fest. His delivery is kind of hypnotizing.

The former John Morrison talked about Eric Bischoff, Joey Mercury, and more. Pretty funny comments about Ziggler. There's probably some truth to them.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I was under the impression it was either Sami Zayn or Justin Gabriel given the moves they were pulling off. It'll be interesting to see what Young does upon his return. This is really a chance for him to get some nice momentum going.

2. I absolutely think we're in for Orton turning face. Orton vs. Rollins, Orton vs. Kane, and Orton vs. Lesnar would all be potential PPV matches. I say go for it.

3. I think there are different demographics between the shows. Smackdown can feature less exposed names having good matches, which some fans appreciate. I'm sure WWE knows who watches one but not the other.

4. I think WWE MIGHT have something in mind with splitting them given the "It's Coming" thing. I personally hope Bray starts working with The Ascension, but I don't necessarily think that's what WWE's hinting at. I agree about them working great as a unit, but I'm willing to see where things go from here.

5. Yeah, I wouldn't assume Summerslam is a hot enough ticket to do great attendance at a major stadium.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment