Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Raw Reax - 10/13/14

Read on for my take on last night's Raw.

Good opening segment. I'm glad we didn't get the usual campy John Cena promo. If he cut promos like that consistently, I think he'd have fewer detractors.

That was a pretty good tag match. I'm glad the titles weren't on the line. The Cena/Ambrose feud doesn't need them involved, and Goldust and Stardust have some good momentum as champs. They can rebound from this if booked right.

I'm excited for Cena vs. Ambrose tonight. It's a shame the pole stipulation is involved in an intense feud, but I think they can make it work.

Not a bad promo from AJ and Layla. I like the little promo inserts.

Good little Divas match. I'm more or less ready for something new in the title picture.

Fine post-match, but forced "crazy" AJ vs. forced "crazy" Paige is getting old.

I think Ambrose vs. Rollins should headline HIAC, with Cena vs. Orton in the undercard. Rollins is the guy with the briefcase and the one people are fighting for the right to compete with. I wasn't crazy about Orton more or less throwing Rollins under a bus there. There's a difference between "I'm the real main eventer" and "Cena or Ambrose would have no problem beating Rollins".

I'm kind of sad to see the Wyatts break up, but I hope good things come from it.

Orton vs. Ziggler was pretty good. I'm glad it happened, and I don't think there's any shame in losing to a top guy. But it does kind of make Orton look like a chump if he doesn't challenge for the IC Title considering he just beat the champ clean.

Good post-match. Orton as a face vs. Rollins could be fun once Orton returns from his break. The Authority could take him out to set up his absence.

I enjoyed Rollins vs. Swagger to a good degree. I'm glad Rollins got a clean victory to match Orton's.

I liked the post-match, too. That was a pretty good series of segments.

I liked Ambrose's promo pretty well. I really hope he and Rollins headline the show.

I'm ready for Show vs. Rusev. That was one of Show's better promos.

That was a pretty good promo from Lana. Christopher Columbus was a total heel and honestly probably shouldn't have his own day.

Honestly that was probably the right ending for Rusev vs. Show. I have a sense they're building to Henry turning on Show or something, which I hope doesn't mean they'll steal Rusev's heat.

I didn't like the post-match all that much, but it was unrealistic for Rusev to beat both men. I would have liked some dissension between Henry and Show instead. I really have a feeling we're in for those two feuding at the expense of Rusev's push.

I also have a weird feeling we're in for Sheamus beating Miz and Mizdow in a handicap match soon.

Can Sheamus Brogue Kick some reality show stars, too? He is supposed to be a face.

That was really goofy. Pretty funny, though. I guess we're in for Miz and possibly Mizdow challenging for the U.S. Title.

Fine post-match.

WWE, the variety entertainment show with celebrity guests and occasionally some wrestling. GO PAY $9.99 TO WATCH THE STUFF YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO SEE.

Why do fans never crap up Total Divas segments with chants like they do for Orton, Cena, Sheamus, etc.? I guess they're too busy going to the bathroom. Anyway, fine match.

That Smackdown match sounds good.

Blehh. Mostly good Cena promo, but he should stay away from the goofy references.

Can we just get Bray to manage The Ascension on the main roster as the latest incarnation of the family? I hope that's what "It's coming" is about.

I like The Authority being at ringside. This should be fun.

I liked the main event well enough. You can only do so much in a pole match, but everyone worked hard.

Good post-match. I'm ready for HIAC.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment