Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 10/3/14

Read on for my thoughts on Friday's Smackdown.

I mostly liked the opening segment, after seeing so many worse Cena segments. I like The Authority being one cohesive unit while Ambrose and Cena have issues. It's a nice change of pace.

The opening tag match was pretty good. Sandow and Miz continue to lose, but they clearly have skills. Sheamus and Ziggler are two people who should be getting bigger roles in the company.

Sandow remains the one who always gets taken out. He does it well, though, and that keeps him on TV when WWE might not otherwise use him.

Lots of video packages these days. They're done well, but how many do we really need?

Nice match between Paige and Naomi. The latter is very athletic and in some ways underutilized.

Decent post-match. I'm pretty worn out of Paige vs. AJ, even though their characters play off each other well.

Decent Show/Rusev segment. I hope they don't actually have Show kill his momentum. It would make sense to keep the finale of Rusev beating Show for Hell in a Cell, but they've got TV time to fill before we get there. Plus, what are Rusev and Show doing at Survivor Series?

That was a pretty crazy tag match to get to the comedy segment of the night. The Bunny's been quite impressive. I wonder where this is leading, if it's not Darren Young under there (and I don't think it is).

The post-match was good. I wonder if Rose and The Bunny challenge for the tag titles at some point.

I mostly liked Ambrose's promo, but he does get ridiculous at times.

So-so Truth/Cesaro segment, but it was good to lead to their match.

Good squash to show what Cesaro's made of. He could really be money if pushed right.

They're going heavy on reusing videos lately. Man.

I mostly liked the main event. Everyone involved can work pretty well.

I really liked the ending. This feud's more interesting than it has been.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment