Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 10/22/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

I like TNA putting more emphasis on titles and fighting for them lately. Having eight teams compete for the right to challenge for the tag team gold makes that goal mean something. I also like them being short and sweet with promos and getting right to the action. WWE could learn something there.

Good match for The Hardys. There's a good story to be told of a team beating the legendary duo in the finals.

Good stuff putting over Bram. They don't have much of a choice but to use the departing and older names to build up the newcomers. It's kind of weird seeing Devon on TV when we know his contract's up and this is pre-taped, but it makes sense to have used him when they still had him! It's not like they have a huge roster of over, experienced performers just sitting on the sidelines anyway.

Weird Brittany/Shaw stuff. Hopefully the gimmick takes off, though. TNA needs some new names to get over.

I liked the promos to set up the next match in the tournament. This show's been pretty good so far.

I think the end of 2014 needs to be the end of "crazy chick" gimmicks for a while. It's been done a lot lately. The match itself was fine for putting Joe and Ki further over. Joe and Ki vs. The Wolves would be AMAZING.

Really insane Brittany/Shaw segment, but I guess it's where the characters go from here. I was wanting Christy Hemme to turn on Mr. Anderson to join Shaw back in that feud, but Shaw more or less turned face after that. Turning him back heel is kind of trying to put the lightning back in the bottle.

I liked the EC3/Tyrus segment. It would make sense for them to hold tag team gold next. I think they can make a pretty effective duo.

Part of me likes the idea of MVP, King, and Lashley all holding gold like Evolution did. I don't know if it's the direction TNA should take, though.

Rebel's going to get murdered! I'm down with that. I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if she's still wrestling in a year, especially if TNA stops being a thing.

The Gail Kim/Havok brawl reminded me of the Dutch Mantell era of booking the Knockouts. That's a good thing.

Part of me wants to Lashley beat Roode and face Angle for the title at Genesis 2015. Just part, though. There's no guarantee Angle will even be in TNA for that show (which I assume will be taped in the UK in January).

I think I would have liked that match better if Bram didn't need help to beat the guy who working one of his last dates in the company. They're setting something else up, though, and it makes sense in that narrative.

Fine backstage segment to set up the next match in the title series.

Good match for the time it had. I like the idea of Anderson working with Melendez. Pairing a veteran with a newcomer is a smart move.

TNA has kind of been inconsistent with the whole "Rockstar Spud having a job" thing. Is he still a TNA employee, unaffiliated with EC3? Because they removed him from the roster on the website before adding him back. I guess it's one of those works that looks like a shoot. Young working with him is a good move.

Interesting segment with Davey and James Storm. I don't see much reason to split The Wolves, although I'm sure a lot of fans want a Davey/Eddie match.

Based EC3. That was a pretty good segment to set up the main event.

It was kind of disappointing for Tyrus to cut off the faces like that, but I liked the match well enough as a whole.

I look forward to all three matches announced for next week.

I loved the ending segment! I think we're in for a hell of a match between Roode and Lashley, and a Lashley face turn to feud with MVP and King. Maybe we end up with a stable with MVP, King, EC3, and Tyrus? There could be some solid angles and matches upcoming from TNA if they stay on TV.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment