Total Pageviews

Friday, October 17, 2014

NXT and Superstars Reax - 10/16/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Superstars.
NXT:
There are squash matches, and then there's that. Damn.

I really liked the Sami/Tyson segment. NXT is refreshing because it's not the same cast I see on the main roster in long segments multiple times seemingly every week.

I mostly liked the tag match to showcase Sin Cara and Kalisto. I hope both men end up doing great things on the main roster.

Good Mojo promo. I hope he does come back refreshed and can deliver. He had a so-so first run, but taking him off-screen for a while is probably the right choice as he continues to find his way as a competitor.

Charlotte vs. Lynch was pretty good. I think both of them have potential on the main roster. Charlotte will almost certainly leave her mark there in the years to come.

Good Ascension promo. I'm hyped for their future.

I hope Enzo and Big Cass make it on the main roster. Enzo's been consistently entertaining.

Didn't really see that one coming. I can't say I'm incredibly excited to see Louis vs. LeFort, but I'm willing to see what HHH has planned. This could lead to Louis really breaking out.

Nice segue to Carmella's match.

Not a bad first match. It will take time for Carmella to make her mark in the company. I think in a way fans have gotten spoiled with the Itamis and Zayns who come in with a lot of in-ring experience. It's tougher for people to stand out right out of the gate now.

I'm ready for Sasha vs. Charlotte. I think they'll do well together.

I'm glad we got some hype for Neville vs. Titus. That should be a good match to gauge Neville's readiness for the main roster. I think Neville's getting better as an overall talent, so kudos to him.

Bayley vs. Sasha should be good, too. The future of the Divas division looks bright from a talent standpoint.

Zayn vs. Kidd was really good, but how could it not be? Zayn could make a big splash on the main roster. I think he could debut at the Royal Rumble if WWE was so inclined.

Superstars:
I liked Bo vs. Ryder well enough. I do think Dallas has lost some momentum, but he's got a good lower-card act for now. I hope Ryder's saved his money, because it doesn't look like he'll be getting another shot to move up the card anytime in the near future.

Decent Cesaro promo. I wish he had gone further as Paul Heyman's other client. He's got a lot of talent in the ring, and I think the fans would take to him if pushed.

Not a bad Show/Henry promo. I can't say I'm looking forward to them feuding again (if that's WWE's thinking). It's not even a knock on either of them. I just think WWE needs to be more concerned with putting fresh faces in bigger roles.

Damn it, Bo. Just when I think I've gotten over his gimmick, he cracks me up again.

Really good match between Cesaro and Kofi. It's a shame a lot of people won't see it because it's on Superstars.

I'm split on whether I think Bray should manage The Ascension. Obviously he has a lot of potential in his own right.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment