Total Pageviews

Friday, October 19, 2012

Main Event Reax - 10/10/12, more on Punk hitting a fan, Interview with Foley, and Questions on Vince, shakeups, heels, Ryback, and Kane

Main Event:
Good promo by Show.

And a fine promo by Orton as well.

Pretty solid "WWE-style" main event between Orton and Show. Both have earned their spots.

Fine Sheamus promo. I like him better when he's serious.

I liked what was shown of Kofi vs. McGillicutty, and Kofi/Miz was nice.

Everything else from 10/10 is after the break.

More came out about the C.M. Punk fan punching incident, courtesy of CBS Sacramento. I hope things don't get too out of hand. Punk just got caught up in the heat of the moment.

Update: The LA Times also looked at the incident. I don't see this ending well for WWE.
 
Mick Foley talked about WWE '13, C.M. Punk and more.

For my take on the 10/10 PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think Vince is coming closer and closer to a breakdown of some kind. All that pressure in the face of declining ratings, having nothing to show for the WWE Network, training Triple H to be his successor as he gets older, etc. can't be healthy. I also don't think he'll walk away willingly. I agree that what he doesn't have his finger on the pulse of the WWE Universe and some newer blood needs to be making decisions. There are some good signs with Punk getting more power and some of HHH's hires, but until Vince is out of the picture I don't think we'll see the changes people are hoping for.

2. I like Ryback, but I hope they don't go that route. If Punk as champion is to blame for ratings decreasing, I've lost faith in the wrestling world.

3. I get that they don't want to offend people, but parents should know the risks associated with going to a WWE show.

4. I do think eventually people will tire of Ryback in brief squashes. At some point, he'll need to get over in longer matches. They're taking a big risk putting him in the title picture so soon. That being said, they backed themselves into a corner by not having hot stars ready for main events. I would have gone with Kofi as #1 Contender and Ryback in the IC Title picture.

5. A definite Hall of Famer who has gotten a lot out of his character and can work with just about anyone. He's certainly been an asset to WWE.

No comments:

Post a Comment