Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Raw Reax - 10/8/12

Read on for my thoughts on the 10/8 Raw.

So-so Cena promo. Sometimes I think the company would benefit from him not being THE guy and all over TV. But he's the star of the show and people tune in to see him.

Ryback's pretty badass. I don't know if he's ready for the WWE Title picture, but he's impressive in the ring.

Pointless segment between Clay and R-Truth. I'm not a fan of the variety show stuff.

Punk is my favorite character in wrestling right now. I don't like Vince saying he's not as good as stars of years past, though. Even if he's not, why advertise that?

Very good tag match. The Players showed that they belong in the same ring as Mysterio and Cara.

Barrett pretty much just came back. Why the big jump from squash matches to the World Champion? Good match and I like them facing off, but it's very inconsistent with how they were just using Barrett.

Fine segment with Show, Sheamus, Barrett, and Tensai, though I would have liked Barrett and Tensai to look like more credible contenders. The face doesn't always have to stand tall.

Good segment between Punk and AJ.

Solid match as always from Cesaro and Kidd.

I liked the tag match with 4 former World Champions. I'm not crazy about Ziggler losing.

Kind of a cheesy segment with Larry King, but it got Kofi some airtime.

Solid tag tournament match.

I'm not really sure what to make of Slater, Jinder, and McIntyre as a team other than it seems inevitable that Ryback or someone will squash them all at once.

I liked the Heyman/Vince segment.

I liked Eve vs. Kaitlyn, though it should have gotten more hype. Divas feuds are presented as filler way too often.

Fine Hell No/King segment, I guess.

I liked the ending segment, other than Punk having trouble beating up a guy twice his age. Though, that guy is  a genetic jackhammer... I'm glad they're building a new star in Ryback.

More wrestling to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment